Harvesting lobsters from the sea has always been an important part of New England's culture. This calm water cruise provides a hands-on approach to see how lobsters are harvested from their natural environment. As a few volunteers roll up their sleeves to help haul in lobster traps, passengers will be able to closely observe lobsters, crabs and other species of marine life that live in Plymouth Harbor, (moon snails, sea stars and sometimes fish). In an effort to preserve the marine life for the future of our planet, everything is released back into the sea.
This cruise passes alongside:
- Mayflower II Replica Ship (currently being refurbished for the 2020 celebration)
- Plymouth Rock
- Plymouth Long Beach
Be sure to bring your questions and your camera!
- Specific dates April through October (1 Hour)
- Tour Companies - Please call for special group rates
- Group Rates for 2017 for Schools, Camps & Scouts:
- $14.00 Per person - 50 passengers maximum ($420.00 minimum covers 30 people or less)
Educational Fun for Students of All Ages
Aboard Lobster Tales, students will have a rare opportunity to experience a hands-on activity hauling lobster traps from Plymouth Harbor, MA. Students will learn about the daily life of a New England lobster fisherman. The focus will be on lobster biology, lobster trap mechanics, comparing different species of crabs and discovering other sea creatures that live in the harbor. Students will be encouraged to closely examine the catch. They will learn that interacting and asking questions are both fun and educational.
Taking students outside the classroom and immersing them in the outdoors will give them a better understanding and appreciation of their ocean environment.
Educational materiel will be specific to the age level of the group, ranging from pre-school to high school.
- Do you know why some lobsters are blue?
- Do you know how to tell the age of a lobster?
- Do you know the number of eggs a lobster produces?
Rates & Details
- Special Student Group Rate $14.00 per person ($420.00 minimum covers 30 passengers or less)
- 50 passenger maximum capacity
- Specific dates available April 1st - October31st
- Call 508-746-5342 for more information and reservations
Home :: Pirate
Cruises :: Lobster Excursions :: Ice Cream Cruises :: Wine Tasting Cruises :: Sunset Cruises
Schedule/Calendar :: Photo Gallery :: Testimonials :: About Us/Directions :: Useful Links :: Gift Certificates :: Contact Us